Wednesday 30 January 2019

Picking who to write to in February from The List

The address book/list over on a handwritten letter every day website is long. Very long. 

Who do you pick to write to? 

  • Do you choose names, and or countries? 
  • Perhaps pick someone with the same first name as you, or from a city of the same name.... 
For something more "random", how about grabbing the nearest printed book or magazine, and turning to page ????? then do a CTRL+F on the address list looking for the names/words mentioned on that page? The magazine or book used may well be a good topic for conversation in the letter you then write. On different days, you might have different books / magazines closest to you. What page???? Well, leave that for you to work out - perhaps ask a family member or friend or ... for a number. More than one CTRL+F search result? Then you could use your discretion. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm writing a blog post, and I wanted to use your input from the comments page at incowrimo-2019! Would you mind if I used your ideas (with credit of course), and linked back to your blog? I'm thrilled to see your blog, and the musings of an InCoWriMo veteran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first year participating and I'm really excited. I chose a few people based on where they're from- someone lives the next town over from my dad, a country I've never sent/received mail from, a city I visited recently, the person who lives closest. I also had my sons pick a few. My youngest son apparently has a preference for UK addresses. I can't wait to be involved.

    ReplyDelete