Sunday 28 November 2021

Sunday Stamps - Cartoons or Illustrations

Am I lucky to live in the United Kingdom and can use the stamps Royal Mail produce on letters & postcards I send?  

This year saw Royal Mail issue stamps celebrating DC Comics. I haven't been much of a comic reader, and haven't followed super hero movies.
Roayl Mail has also previously issued stamps about the Great Fire of London. I think I have only a couple of stamps from this issue left.
Then, there are book illustrations. I love Roald Dahl (Tales of the Unexpected, and the letters, Love from Boy, a collection of letters sent to his mother), but have not read many of his children's stories. 
Also illustrations for more grown-up books, but I haven't finished any of these books. I struggled to get half way through David Copperfield by Charles Dickens, way back in school (but no one from my class managed to finish it either back then). 




4 comments:

  1. Yes, you're lucky! :)
    I can consider myself lucky too, because I have got most of the stamps of this post on postcards and envelopes. I'm not a big fan of superheroes, but I am very fond of Roald Dahl stories, both for adults and children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superheroes leave me cold, for some reason. I have the Jane Austen series (and all her books, which one day I may read. there have been so many good adaptations on tv). I also love that there is a series for the Great Fire of London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked those Fire of London ones, very inventive. Dickens invented so many great characters I wondered how they chose the ones they did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be from a different generation as I have never seen a book by Roald Dahl.

    ReplyDelete