Sunday, 4 October 2026

Third class service?

In recent months, Royal Mail have been rolling out a new delivery model, and incorporating delivery of 2nd class mail every other weekday, but first class to continue being delivered 6 days a week. Sounds good in principle except that it isn't working in many areas. People have reported going weeks without receiving any post, and when post does arrive, important letters have arrived after the actionable date, such as hospital appointments (even for operations), bills, birthday cards, and fines. There does seem to be a staffing crisis in many regions. In my area, my lovely regular postie has been moved to a round a couple of miles away but he does get one day a week to deliver to me! 

(in Welsh) Mae post 2il dosbarth yn newid

I have noticed a lack of mail, days in a row without any post at all. In September 2023, I received 24 letters. This September, only 10 letters came. In August this year, I received 27 letters. I know I haven't been as speedy replying to letters as I'd like, but that doesn't account for all of the low number of letters received last month. Already in the first two day of October, 6 letters came, and both days there was a 2nd class posted letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment