Tuesday 21 February 2023

Photographs

Picture printing machine found in some shopping centres, and shops.

One of the more popular things enclosed with letters is photographs. The photos may be of the letter writer or even of their family. Or, it could be a picture taken on holiday or in the surrounding area. Maybe it is something funny they've come across. But, perhaps the 6 x 4 (inch) format is too big for letters and may make the letters too heavy or thick. I don't have a working colour printer at the moment, but if I did, I could print some small pictures on the paper I use for letter writing. However, most of the paper I use is A5, and is perhaps not all that printer friendly. 

So, I was pleased to see a photo printing machine in a local supermarket that would allow pictures submitted on various digital media (USB, memory card, plug your device into the machine for image transfer....) to be printed. I can be stingy, so rather than get a small amount printed for a higher cost each, I go for gazillions (well) for the cheaper cost per print. But they come out 6 x 4 or can go for the larger size of 7 x 5. 


Selection of small pictures arranged on a 6 x 4 inch background.

The answer to that lies in making collages. I can select the dimensions, I use 3:2 or 2:3, and in the website I use for making the collages, I can specify how many pictures take up that space. Then, find and insert the images I want printed, save to USB drive... and head to the photo printing machine. The quality comes out quite well. I then have fun cutting/trimming the pictures and then putting double-sided sticky tape so they can be stuck onto the letter paper. 
A piece of paper with a small picture in one corner, and the back of another showing double-sided sticky tape.



No comments:

Post a Comment