Saturday 4 September 2021

Extreme Letter Writing

 

Well, for some reason, I bought this book a while back in a charity shop. Extreme Ironing! What a concept. People ironing out and about, be it up a mountain, coming down one (rock climbing or abseiling perhaps), cycling, dangling from a zipwire, in a tree, underwater!!! 

So.... well, why not write letters out and about? 

It can be good to pause along a walk, so why not grab a few minutes or so to start a postcard, or letter? 

Sometimes, there are benches/tables to rest, admire the view and, well, for me, to pen a letter. 

Sometimes, no bench, so have to park myself on the grass. I had a gilet I could sit on.

I made use of slate to sit on and to use as a table. This site now has UNESCO World Heritage status.

Not so extreme is sitting at a table in a beer garden with a nice drink to hit the spot! 

I have had some people comment when they see me writing letters in cafes... I like to show people letter writing is still alive. 




3 comments:

  1. I remember when I waiter told to me that I was the very first person he saw writing postcards, in his whole life. It was 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if he has seen anyone else write postcards since!

      Delete