Wednesday 8 August 2012

Gold!

Well, if you've been paying attention, the Olympics are happening now in London, United Kingdom. For every gold medal the UK team wins, Royal Mail will produce a miniature sheet with 6 first class stamps of the winner. Some post offices will be selling these the next day. However, others will receive them later, but there are some post offices that won't sell them. My nearest main post office received some today. I only bought a couple of sheets.
I am not sure if I will be buying any more from that post office. I do not know when they'll receive them next. Someone at the next counter was also buying a sheet so there is demand.
Also, Royal Mail will paint a post box in the gold medal winner's home town, gold! However, I doubt I will see them where I live.

1 comment: