Saturday 3 February 2018

InCoWriMo, Altered Carbon

I watched the first episode of the Netflix series, Altered Carbon. I haven't made up my mind on it yet, but there was one scene of particular interest to me. I put the subtitles on and I will quote below.

There's something about the simplicity of holding the written  word in your hand.
The very heft of it.
True, there is something to be said about the written word. Electronically written words do not have the same aura about them, little mystery.

I am a self-confessed snail mail addict. I seek out connections via the handwritten word. Some are ephemeral, only lasting for InCoWriMo; others last for years.

I have written my first surprise letter to a new person via incowrimo-2018. It has postage stamps and is raring to go. 



1 comment:

  1. I wondered about Altered Carbon, but haven't tried it yet. May have to after reading the quote. :) I'm not doing any letter writing challenges this year, but that doesn't mean I'm not writing letters.

    ReplyDelete