Monday 15 August 2016

Wax seals revisited.

I sometimes use a wax seal to secure the envelope flap (but don't trust it on its own so also use tapes too). The LOVE coin came with a set containing wax, a spoon, some candles. 
My first attempt with LOVE was a bit impatient as I lifted up too quickly taking the O with me.
Next, I didn't put enough wax on the envelope, but I prefer not to have a great big thick bit of wax which could make the letter a large one and put it in a different postage rate.
As well as wax sticks, I also have wax hearts (currently, just one colour) and is a convenient amount easily doubled/trebled, to be melted in a spoon.
I also bought a new seal from Manuscript - the classic quill and ink bottle.
Sorry for the poor photo, but this seal was bought by my mother at a souvenir shop celebrating the Magna Carta.
I also treated myself to a new M seal, this one is larger than the one I already had.
There is a small amount of the heart shaped wax melted in with the silver. I didn't fully clean the spoon.
This is the smaller M seal you may have seen in an earlier blogpost.
I didn't have the amount of wax perfected. Also, wax can burn and go black.
This is one seal I made a while back and mentioned here too. Not sure where I put this. I may have another go at making my own.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the new M seal. I'm very curious how you made your own seal too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Used DAS modelling stuff. One of the ones I made, the wax got stuck in.

      Delete